Saturday, December 1, 2007

#20 You Tube

In You Tube we find another example of technology that can be used for "niceness" or evil. There are some incredibly talented people out there and its a good thing if You Tube can give them a chance to share their work with the world. Council willing, it would be easy to include content made by our patrons on our website - the usual privacy/quality control issues would apply though.
In the post below this one I've included a clip that I came across while on the Oxam site. It was so easy to get the HTML and paste it into my blog. That makes it easy to get messages out to the world but so much to compete with.
Being a bit of an old fogey I get frustrated with the size and picture quality of videos on sites like You Tube: doesn't seem to worry the young 'uns though.I had a look at the clip of hand shadow puppetry accompanying Louis Armstrong's "Wonderful World" that was shown recently on Spicks N Specks. Brilliant, but a little hard to see to its full effect on the tiny screen.
Here's a clip of Ross Noble doing what he does best that my kids showed me the other day.

No comments: